By Cybil |
Rogue Arena Guide: The Basics
A good Rogue Arena guide is hard to find, probably because Rogues are not a popular choice for Arena play.
That means choosing the right Rogue Arena spec, getting top of the range Rogue Arena PvP gear, and really understanding how to play your character.
Rogue Arena build – The Gear
No matter what Rogue Arena build you go with you will really need to max out your gear before you can bring on the Rogue pwnage.
There are entire Rogue Arena guides devoted to the topic of gear.
Here Are The very Basics.
Max out your Rogue Arena PvP gear.
So, before you take a Rogue into Arena PvP you will want to get the best Epic gear from the Battlegrounds.
There you will want to pick up your Arena gear as quickly as possible.
Of course the true Rogue pwnage comes from the weapons.
While you are building up your Rogue Arena spec you may want to consider getting maces and mace specialization, so you can use them to stunlock.
But whatever you decide to go with in terms of weapons, make sure that you get as good of DPS on them as you can.
If you can’t get the Battleground and Arena weapons for your character, then do some heroic raids and instances and look for weapons there.
Always discuss with your team not only the best Rogue Arena build to go with, but also what weapon strengths they will want for the team in general.
Rogue Arena Guide To Your build
Another thing a Rogue Arena guide should discuss is the right Rogue Arena spec for your character.
- Subtlety is the least popular Rogue Arena build to go with because the burst DPS won’t last for the entire fight.
- The steady DPS provided by the Assassination and Combat Rogue Arena spec is more useful.
- Again, be sure to consider using a Rogue Arena spec that allows you to take advantage of mace specialization.
A Few Tips
If you are going to play a Rogue in Arena PvP then you should read up on tactics as much as you can.
Join a few chatrooms, checkout ‘YouTube’ for Rogue pwnage videos, and do your homework.
Beyond that it is more about learning the strengths of your character. Remember;
- Make sure that you have your poisons up and ready at the start of each fight.
- Keep an open line of communication with your teammates so that you know who you should be focusing on.
- Take advantage of your trinkets and cooldown spells.
- Know where your healer is and stay in range.
- Bandage wisely.
The better played your Rogue is, the more successful he or she will be in any Arena scenario.
So learn to play your character, get your Rogue Arena gear and weapons, and get started.
The best way to learn what works for you is to get out there and give it a try it for yourself.
Win or lose you can use every game as a learning experience.
See you all soon
By Cybil |
So you want to play some Rogue PvP?
So here are some Rogue PvP tips to help you on your quest to bring pwnage to the battlefield.
A quick look at Rogue PvP builds
By level 80 your Rogue PvP build should be more or less figured out if you have done any PvP play at all. You can argue the case of just about any Rogue PvP build being viable, the only problem is finding the right level 80 Rogue PvP build for the type of play that you are doing.
Assassination is by far the most common of the Rogue PvP builds as most of the PvP fights you will be doing will be on uneven footing.
Combat is probably the second most widely used PvP build.
However, if you plan on doing Arena, duels, or other one on one PvP fighting, Subtlety is still a viable Rogue PvP build.
Some Rogue PVP tips for success
Once you have figured out the subtle differences between Rogue PvP builds and have chosen the one that is right for your playing style, there are still a lot of things to learn about how to PvP a Rogue.
Here are some of the basic Rogue PvP tips to keep in mind as you head out to battle:
- Know how to re-stealth – out of all the Rogue PvP tips that you are going to come across, the best ones involve using your Rogue PvP skills to the max.
Stealthing is one strength that Rogues have that should be considered a valuable weapon.
So learn how to use it wisely and how to get back to it quickly.
You can re-stealth by:
o Blinding an opponent and leaving combat
o Using Kidney Shot or Gouge or otherwise crippling your opponent and then running away (use Sprint if you need to) until you are out of combat
o Using Vanish
- Watch your energy bar – if you run out of energy then you won’t be able to do any real damage against the enemy.
So make sure that you know how much you have left and how much you need to do that true burst DPS
- Don’t get tunnel vision – this is particularly important when you are learning how to use your PVP Rogue in Arena play.
Make sure that you not only know what is going on in your personal fight, but also what your teammates are up to. They may need your help.
- Know who to attack and when – many Rogue guides will give you general Rogue PvP tips on how to fight the various classes, but you also need to know when to use them.
You cannot face a Warrior head on unless you are on a suicide mission, and playing the “will my energy outlast the healer’s mana pool?” game will often be a losing battle.
You’re a Rogue, so act like it – attack healers when they are out of mana, go for the weak and crippled players, and use your Rogues PvP skills to the max.
Hope these simple Rogue PvP tips help you bring on the Rogue pwnage!
For more info on the perfect Rogue PvP build look out for my Rogue PvP Guide, coming soon!
By Cybil |
WoW Rogue Macros – key binding addon – Manaview Impulse
Rogues in particular can benefit from a WoW key binding addon and WoW Rogue Macros are invaluable.
This is what I’m using to boost the performance of My Rogue: IMPULSE:
Rogues are the masters of stealth, and have to be able to hit hard and fast when the moment is right.
Because they don’t have the armor of a Warrior or a Paladin, WoW Rogues rely on their ability to get in and out quickly to stay alive in the game.
So just how can WoW Rogue macros improve your gameplay?
Well, if you know how the pros play, then you can easily see how WoW Rogue macros are useful.
Are you still pointing and clicking individual spells with your mouse?
If you are, then you are wasting valuable seconds moving your mouse from one side of the screen to the other.
Rogue macros WoW allow you to do the same things with just a simple keystroke or two, allowing you to greatly decrease your reaction time.
While many players may understand how WoW keybindings can help them improve their gameplay, the world of macro writing and WoW hotkeys is a bit of a challenge.
Or you can find a WoW key binding addon that provides you with all of the WoW keybindings and WoW macro commands that you need.
Just click on the pic to check out the official site!
Introducing Manaview Impulse
- Manaview Impulse is the first and only WoW key binding addon available, it provides you with all of the WoW keybindings and macro commands that you need for any character not just the PvP Rogue.
- The program is automatic – so no longer will you need to search for character specific macro programs like Assassination Rogue macros.
- All of Manaview Impulse’s WoW macro commands have been tested for ease of use, allowing you to successfully merge with your character and play to your maximum potential.
- Whether you are looking to level a new class or simply want to play your current one better, WoW keybindings are the way to go.
- Plus, the added bonus of using the OptimalPro WoW key binding addon is that you no longer have to worry about whether the WoW Rogue macros you have installed are up-to-date or even the best ones for your given spec.
- OptimalPro finds all the appropriate Rogue macros based on the spec and level of your character and then installs them for you.
- With this WoW key binding addon all you have to do is follow the given WoW keybindings, and you will be playing like a pro in no time with all the best wow rogue macros at your fingertips!
Manaview Impulse is Here so get your WoW key binding addon and WoW Rogue Macros now. Don’t be left behind.
By Chris |
An Insight into Mastery Rating For Rogues
Mastery Rating is added as one of patch 4.0.1. stat changes, a stat only found on higher level gear. Mastery is a new talent specialization, learned from a trainer after you hit level 80, and Mastery Rating helps increase the benefits.
Each class has the choice of three different Mastery options, which are dependent on the spec that you have chosen. While there is no known Mastery cap yet, it is important to remember to balance this stat with your others to be able to play your character successfully.
Here is a look at these new spells for -
- Assassination Rogues earn the spell Potent Poisons. This spell increases poison damage by 28% initially and then adds an additional 3.5% for each Mastery point.
- Combat Rogues earn the spell Main Gauche. This spell gives your character a chance of getting an extra off hand attack with their main hand attacks. This starts out as a 16% chance and increases by 2% for every point of Mastery.
- Subtlety Rogues earn the spell Executioner. This spell increases the damage done by or the effectiveness of all finishing moves, Slice and Dice, and Recuperate abilities, starting at 16% and increasing by 2% for each Mastery point.
Remember to choose your Rogue specs based on your playing preferences, not necessarily the Mastery spell that will become available to you. With all of the new changes to the talent trees and Mastery, Blizzard is making it easier to personalize your character for any situation.
Of course these spells will make your character more powerful in their chosen specialization, but nothing can rival enjoying your play more.
Reforging: What It Is and How It Can Help Your Rogue
How many times have you been running an instance with a group of your friends and a piece of gear drops that is useless to everybody? A piece of leather gear with Spirit on it, obviously for a Druid, but your Rogue is the only leather-wearer in the group.
Reforging allows you to tweak these gear items to make them more useful for your character.
The basics of Reforging
Reforging was implemented with Patch 4.0.1 in preparation for Cataclysm. Allowing players to trade part of one stat on their gear for another that is more useful, with some restrictions. Reforging can only be done on gear with an item level over 200.
Reforging will cost your character the same amount as it would to vendor an item. When done, you can exchange 40% of the stat you don’t want for one that you do. Only certain stats can be reforged, and the skill is not intended for use on every item.
Instead, the goal of Reforging is to make more gear usable by more classes, reducing the need for disenchanting or vendoring of unwanted items. And as a by-product reducing the arguments over who should get which gear!
If you wish to Reforge an item you will need to visit an Arcane Reforger. You will have the option to learn more about reforging or to reforge an item.
Clicking on the option to Reforge an item will open up a window where you will be asked to drag the item to be Reforged into the box.
You can then select the stat to reduce as well as the stat that you would like to add.
Once you have made your decision simply click Reforge.
Stats you can change and those you can’t:
Any piece of gear that has Reforgable stats on it can be reforged, including armor, weapons, and trinkets. However, only a select list of stats can be reforged and you can only reforge one stat at a time.
You can reforge the following stats:
- Critical Strike Rating
- Dodge Rating
- Expertise Rating
- Haste Rating
- Hit Rating
- Mastery Rating
- Parry Rating
You cannot reforge these stats:
- Attack Power
If you decide that the Reforged item was not what you expected and you would like to restore it to its original state, simply visit the Arcane Reforger again, open up the Reforge an item screen, and drag the item back into the box.
You will then be able to view what the original stats were. If you would like to restore them, simply click the Restore item. You will now have your original item back and can keep it as such or pay to Reforge again using different stats.
By Cybil |
Lvl 80 Rogues Beware, Many World of Warcraft Rogue players are in Shock at Patch 4.0.1. Changes
A major change to lvl 80 Rogues who farmed for Emblems or Honor Points is the currency system changes. I am going to give you a sneak peek into what to expect.
Currency Changes For a Rogue
- Emblems of Frost and triumph are now Justice Points.
- All lower Emblems and Badges are turned to gold.
- Heroism emblems = 5.5 gold.
- Valor emblems = 5.5 gold.
- Conquest Emblems = 5.5 gold.
- Badges of Justice = 1.833 gold each.
So to total up your Justice Points simply multiply your Emblems of Triumph and your Emblems of Frost by 11.58.
I have to tell you that you will only get gold or the new justice points from the dungeons and raids now. In other words all World of Warcraft Rogue raids and dungeons that used to award badges or lower Emblems now give extra gold, but the higher instances now award the new Justice Points.
This is highly frustrating for a Rogue who’s been farming for marks for a specific reward.
The upside is that this is now a good way to get gold ready for the new expansion.
All vendors have already changed to Justice Points. Anything you used to buy with emblems or badges, you buy with Justice Points.
After the launch of Cataclysm the latest tier of content will award the higher-tier Valor Points.
World Of Warcraft Rogue Guide to PvP Currency
For a PvP Rogue player used to farming for PvP points, you’ll see a drastic change in the system of currency. The previous Honor Points, Arena Points, Marks of Honor, Spirit Shards, Stone Keeper’s Shards, and Venture Coins are now converted to the new system.
A Rogue in Patch 4.0.1- A Quick Breakdown;
- Old Arena Points are 0.85 Honor Points exchange rate, each.
- Old Honor Points are 0.024 Honor Points change up rate.
- Spirit Shard is 1 Honor Point.
- Wintergrasp Marks of Honor are 19.08 Honor Points each.
- Venture Coin is 3 Honor Points.
- Battleground Mark of Honor is 2.976 Honor Points.
- Stone Keeper’s Shard is 1.6 Honor Points.
Honor Points will be awarded instead of Marks or Shards for any PvP play besides Arena. Arena players will get the new Arena Points. When Cataclysm is launched, Arena players and seasoned high Battleground players will get Conquest Points.
A Look At New Caps From A Rogue Perspective In Patch 4.0.1
Just as before there’s a soft cap on conversions to justice and Honor Points. At the moment it’s 4000, so if you convert higher you’ll not have the chance to earn new points until you’ve spent some.
TIP Don’t delay, use these points now if there’s anything you’d like to buy, a patch scheduled for before Cataclysm, is going to hard cap the conversions so that all points left over get converted to gold.
Honor points will be exchanged at a rate of 35 silver per point and Justice Points will be converted at a rate of 47.5 silver per point (for all points over the 4000 cap).
While the gold is nice, if your character needs any new gear for upcoming quests you may want to buy it now.
For a more in depth guide Visit WoW Crusher Here
By Cybil |
Rogue PvP Guide – Rogue DPS Rotation
Each Rogue spec you look at seems to offer more for PvP than the last.
Pick up a Combat Rogue guide and it will surely tell you how to use your Rogue talent build to wipe out the enemy.
From choosing your talents to selecting the best Rogue DPS rotation, here is a look at how you can play your PvP Rogue.
Choosing your Rogue’s spec
Before you take your Rogue out into PvP you will want to think about the Rogue talent build you want to use.
Not only will that help you select the right guides to study, such as a Combat Rogue guide, but it will also help you out when you are selecting your Rogue DPS rotation.
For a PvP Rogue the most popular Rogue Talent build is often Assassination.
By speccing deep into this Rogue talent build you will get the Mutilate talent.
When combined with the right daggers the mutilate talent will allow you to be a deadly force on the battlefield.
This only requires you to put about 60% of your talents points into the Rogue spec.
You will have plenty of points left at level 80 to put in some of the Subtlety talents to use in your Rogue DPS rotation.
If you prefer to sneak in on your enemy to take them down, many players do think Subtlety is an acceptable Rogue spec for a PvP Rogue.
And while most Combat Rogue guides think that their Rogue spec is the way to go for PvE, many will also argue that Combat Rogues can hold their own in PvP scenarios as well.
Basically, when it comes down to it, you can use just about any Rogue talent build and still pawn in the Battlegrounds.
Rogue DPS rotation
When in combat, any Rogue guide will tell you that it is smart to have a Rogue DPS rotation down.
This will allow you to make the most out of your Rogue talent build, macros, poisons, and other tools.
While the actual rotation will vary from one PvP Rogue to the next, there are some things that are similar across the board.
When choosing a rotation, consider these 10 things in particular:
- Never allow yourself to run out of energy.
- As a PvP Rogue your spells are more effective when you can rapid-fire them off.
- You need to make sure that you have at least 25 energy points to use Kick to interrupt a caster.
- You must consider the location of your opponent.
- Most players know that PvP Rogues are most deadly to them when their back is turned.
- As a Rogue you have to be behind a player to do the most damage.
- If you cannot get behind them for whatever reason, you may need to reconsider the rotation that you are using.
- You must make the most out of your Combo Points and Finishers.
- Rapid-fire off sure Combo Point earners like Mutilate so that you will have 4 or 5 Combo Points available for that deadly Finisher.
- Using Envenom as a Finisher can allow you to cycle back through your rotation while still doing damage.
See you all soon
« Previous Entries